In the age of digital business, where customers are knowledgeable and rely on customer experience examples to associate with a brand. When it comes to choosing products or services, they want the complete value of investing in it. Hence, customers always prefer the offer that provides the best quality parallel to their budget.
Good customer experience goes a long way in giving people a good perception of your business. Bain & Company says, “If there is a 5% growth in customer retention, the company profits will rise by 25% to 95%.”
At the heart of all this lies customer experience. Even in this digital era, reviews and word of mouth clearly outshine any other marketing strategy. Hence, if you can create the best customer experience example, you will acquire new customers and retain the existing ones.
What makes the best customer experience?
Regardless of industry, no business can afford to offer a lackluster customer experience. Quality customer service is essential to business success for a myriad of reasons. How you treat your customer base will affect your retention rates and ultimately your bottom line.
Here are the key factors that influence customer experience:
- Response time – When customers reach out to you and get real time assistance for their queries, their satisfaction level increases. Delivering instant response to customers sets a great customer experience example for other businesses to learn.
- Consistent support – When businesses follow a simple mantra, “be there where your customers are” and offers consistent support across all the online & offline channels like website or store, customers receive the best multichannel messaging experience.
- Availability – It refers to be 24×7 available to meet customer requests. If you are able to engage with your customers round the clock they are happy with your service. They are happy and share their good experience with their friends and family.
- Service etiquette – If your support team is courteous and disciplined in terms of using positive language, active listening skills, be empathetic makes customers feel that you value them. It delivers unique customer experience.
- Website design – Good website designs always appease customers. When they are able to view the CTAs with their value propositions, smoothly navigate to the menus they are happy to spend more time, and frequently visit your site.
8 successful customer experiences examples & best practices
Customer experience is not restricted to a specific sector. It is imperative for all businesses irrespective of size and sector. The below mentioned best customer experience examples will showcase how the top organizations around the globe have decoded the secret behind providing outstanding customer experience.
1. Happy employees make happy customers
“Internal customer experience determines the external customer experience” – Shep Hyken
Good customer experiences is a vital part of the aviation industries as well.
Southwest Airlines has grabbed the first position in maintaining an excellent work culture to make its employees happy and comfortable. They created a healthy work environment that comprised of teamwork, work values, and motivation.
What Southwest Airlines did?
The American Airlines company creates the best customer experience example by being considerate for their customers.
A man reserved a last-minute flight to Denver to see his 3-year-old grandson for the last time. He got delayed to the airport due to excessive traffic. He reached the airport 12 minutes after the plane was scheduled to leave, but the pilot of the plane waited for the man prior to taking off.
- When you treat your employees going an extra mile, they are ready to travel the extra mile for you.
- You should motivate employees by appreciating their good work and acknowledging it from time to time.
- Never miss out to make employee training an integral part of the company culture.
2. Make customer experience a strategic objective
Excellent customer service is the best way to build customer loyalty. Training on interpersonal skills like active listening, use positive words should be an integral part of your customer experience framework.
Listening to customers helps to understand their interests, needs, concerns. It helps to deliver with what they are looking for. If you miss out doing so customers have many options to move on. For food and beverage, there are many online brands available. You need to understand your customer base to make your way to stand out.
What SuperValu did?
The SuperValu President opted for an exceptional way to know the real value of their products. He conducted a roundtable discussion twice in a month and invited twelve customers. He offered them a questionnaire related to the price & quality of the product, service levels, and ad promotions.
The customer’s feedback was positively recorded and further was used to evaluate the store managers to enhance the planning procedure.
- You should offer multiple channels to customers to collect their feedback and incorporate them to build stronger products and services.
- Make a practice to conduct regular surveys (online or offline) to collect customer feedback and impart them into the customer experience model.
- When you implement customer feedback they feel a part of your brand and giving goals to others on building great customer experience example.
3. Live chat for customer engagement
The technological advancement of live chat technology has covered almost all the business sectors. Emarketer discovered that 63% of customers were more likely to return to a website that offers live chat.
Implementing live chat is the best way to level up the customer experience. It helps to provide real time assistance to the customers, which is one of their top expectations.
What did U.S. Patriot Tactical do?
They used live chat technology by using SMS to chat services that allow customers to start a live chat with their support expert just with a simple text message.
To make communication faster, they displayed their “Text-to-Chat” phone number on their official website for order inquiries, status, and returns. It helped customers to connect with the support executive without any hassle and quickly resolved the issues.
- Deliver real time support to your customers with live chat, which will boost their satisfaction and experience.
- By using live engagement tools like video chat, co-browsing helps to deliver effective solutions in the first contact, also better customer experience.
4. Personalization and customer experience are correlated
Personalization has always been in trend. To create good customer experience examples, personalized products and gifts are a great idea. You can build loyal customers and win over customer trust by customizing products and services.
However, it’s pretty hard to know the interests of a first-time customer. Still, you can delight them with easy ways like Laura Ashley did.
What did Laura Ashley do?
They made the day of the customer who ordered a bedding set online by a surprise delivery of the product two days prior to the date of delivery. The surprise was doubled with a pair of lounging socks along with a personalized note.
It was ensured that the other branches of the company have centralized information that the business will add on this surprise with a personalized note to connect with their customer and enhance the customer experience.
- Follow simple ways to turn your first-time customers to loyal customers. For e.g.personalized notes, using names, photos, sending goodies on birthdays, anniversaries etc.
- Look for ways to thank your customers and encourage them to become brand ambassadors for your business. Loyalty schemes and money off vouchers have proven success rates.
5. Collect information & giveaway great customer experience
With the emergence of new technology trends the startup company, Casper attempted trial over Artificial Intelligence (AI). The company deals with mattresses, sleep-related items and also hosts a one-year convention over getting sleep in just 40 winks.
The sleep experts at Casper developed a chatbot Insomnobot3000 specifically for those people who face problems in getting sleep (insomnias).
How did Insomnobot function?
The chatbot remains active between 11 pm and 5 am. One has to just text Insomnobot3000 from their smartphone and it starts. It might give you some advice or sometimes initiate an interesting conversation.
The chatbot also helped Casper to collect basic customer data (phone number, email id) that can be used to send promotions and product information in the future.
- Use AI chatbots wisely to collect customer data and other details related to different attributes.
- When you develop an emotional connection with your customers, it becomes an unforgettable customer experience example for them.
6. Better customer experience with social media
Social media is one of the best tools to create amazing customer experience examples.
It helps to engage with your customers in a conversational way and fetch consumer insights. By using various social listening tools like Hootsuite, Social Mention, brands can understand their customer preferences and can use them to enhance customer experience
What did Tommee Tippee cups do?
Ben Carter, who suffered from autism used to drink only from the Tommee Tippee sippy cup. His father was looking for the replacement of a Tommee Tippee sippy cup that was a limited edition.
So, he tweeted with a hashtag saying #cupsforBen and the tweet went viral gathering thousands of retweets and likes. Finally, Tommee Tippee declared to create a limited run of 500 of the discontinued cups, especially for Ben.
How a simple hashtag can make so many things happen.
- You need to be observant. Carefully listen to what your customer says and figure out their interests, likes, and dislikes.
- Social media helps to listen actively to what your customers say or want from your brand and promptly respond to them in real time to what customers say about your brand.
7. Make your customers feel appreciated
Who does not like to be appreciated and customers are no way behind. So, never miss out on any chance to make your customers feel special.
What did TD bank do?
The Toronto-Dominion Bank, N.A. developed one of the best customer appreciation campaigns.
So let’s know what makes it the best?
Money speaks the best way. Thanking customers by giving money is probably the best way.
- TD bank followed the same. They just gave away hard cash.
- Not only money but also in the latest campaign the bank created TD Thank You Account where they surprised millions of their North American customers at ATMs, in branches, and on the phone with personalized messages of thanks and touching gifts.
A lady from Drayton Valley, Alberta, who was a cancer patient, received a special vacation package to Jasper along with her family.
- You should appreciate your customers by surprising them with creative ways of showing that you value them.
- By appreciating customers, you develop emotional connection which increases customer loyalty and brand credibility.
8. Impact of Artificial Intelligence in customer experience
The food delivery industry finds it very difficult to establish profitable companies. The constant discounts and order canceling lead to a lot of loss for the company. In turn, many food delivery companies around the globe have had to close shops.
Swiggy, the Indian food delivery market, has now become India’s fastest-growing unicorn.
What techniques did Swiggy employ to achieve such high success rates?
- AI-based Chat: Artificial intelligence-based chats help users in resolving their queries immediately. For instance, if you want to cancel an order, you can go to the chat option. There, you will be provided with several options, and clicking on them will automatically move the conversation forward.
- Subscription Economy: If you want to be a successful organization in the 21st century, then you must think about subscription-based services. For instance, Swiggy has the Swiggy Super User, Amazon has Amazon Prime, and so on. Subscription-based services help you in retaining more customers, thus keeping the flow of money continuous.
- In the omnichannel world, artificial intelligence can be used to provide excellent customer experience (CX) at any point in the customer journey.
- Fetch data insights with the help of artificial intelligence and enhance the customer experience of your brand.
Additional best practices to enhance your customer experience
Customer experiences are the impression that people hold about your brand. The below mentioned simple tips can level up the customer experience strategies:
- Acknowledge customer feedback: Weighing your customer’s feedback and tuning your strategy to meet their requirements can take you a long way. A slight change in the campaign to show the customers are prioritized helps to be the part of the game for a long time.
- Make customers part of your plan: Make customer experiences that include value, and relevant so that your customers accept your brand and become loyal campaigners.
- Build a customer-centric procedure: If your well-structured customer experience fails to reach your customers it is of no use. Online and offline trends of customer behavior should be considered.
- Create good customer experience examples: It is important to optimize all the touchpoints that are followed by the customers. For e.g., If a customer taps “shop now” on an Instagram post, you should be able to access your online store and find out the product easily.
Customer experience is now an established part of any business strategy. The learnings from the best customer experience examples mentioned above, you can understand how you can enhance every customer touch point.
Whether it’s about sales or customer service, by following the above best practices, brands can truly differentiate and add significant value to their customers in both tangible and intangible ways.