Marketers are constantly competing to grab the attention of customers. Hence, customer-centric businesses should focus on making customer communication seamless by allowing clients to reach out through various channels. Thus, engaging them proactively across all customer touchpoints will deliver a great experience.
Better communication builds better businesses. Click-to-chat has become a unique way to engage with customers in real time.
For businesses, an important advantage of click-to-talk technology is the ability to instantly convert internet-based visitors into potential customers. A click-to-call hyperlink can be embedded in a banner advertisement, an e-mail message, or the main part of a website.
88% of website visitors are more likely to contact your company if you provide a click-to-call button. And if they have taken the initiative to talk to you, chances are greatly increased that they will buy from you too.
Usually, customers are more inclined to make a purchase if there is a direct click to video chat available as it helps to get real time answers through personalized conversations. It increases customer satisfaction and delivers a superior customer service experience that increases the number of returning customers.
Before we discuss the benefits of having a click-to-chat option, let us understand what exactly does it mean and how it is used.
What is click-to-call?
Click-to-call is a hyperlink that can be embedded in emails, marketing campaigns, blogs, social media, text, or websites. It is also known as click-to-chat, click-to-talk, or click-to-video. When customers click the link, they land on a page where they can initiate a conversation over chat or video to learn more about your brand.
Click-to-chat is one of the most essential internet marketing performance metrics used to evaluate the ROI (return on investment) of the online campaign and represents an online campaign’s efficiency in converting visitors into leads and customers. The main advantage of using a click-to-chat or click-to-video is real time engagement and hassle-free communication at a single tap of the link.
- Click-to-video is useful for real time personalized engagement with customers.
- There is an increase in sales conversion rate promptly assisting the sales queries with the click-to-call button.
- click-to-chat allows to handle customer service interactions in real-time and boosts satisfaction.
Benefits of click-to-call & click-to-video-chat for business operations
Using the click-to-call or click-to-video in emails, campaigns, specific places on the website is to encourage customers to reach out to you with the least effort. By using the click-to-chat link, businesses can witness a number of benefits across key functional areas such as:
Improve lead generation
One of the best ways to use the click-to-chat link is to embed it on sales emails and campaigns to deliver a seamless experience for the customer by easing their effort in reaching you. Adding a click-to-call button can lead to a 200% increase in conversion rates. Instant interaction with the new prospects helps in nurturing them and increases the chances of conversion.
Prompt customer service
With the click-to-video option, you can deliver personalized engagement to customers in real time. You can facilitate agents to get in touch with customers at a single click on receiving instant notifications. As a matter of fact, 86% of customers are willing to spend more with companies they believe provide excellent customer service.
Increased customer satisfaction and brand loyalty
Customers can chat or video chat with the agent by landing on the page once clicking the link. When customers do not have to wait to get answers, it boosts satisfaction. Happy and satisfied customers eventually turn into loyal customers.
How to use click-to-chat & click-to-call?
Making it as easy as possible for people to contact you is an effective customer engagement strategy. Using the click-to-chat or click-to-call options are proving to be a highly successful approach to delivering a faster return on investment (ROI) and long-term success.
Email is one of the most common customer communication channels. You can email a one-click call button or web-link to the recipients, or add to signatures. It is a great way to reach out to many customers to initiate conversation. When customers click the link it lands them on a page with a quick and easy way to have a hassle-free chat or call.
How to use click-to-call in sales or support emails?
- Add the link on the signature so that customers click the link after they go through the email.
- You can use a click-to-chat link on the content body with some specific call to action (CTA) to encourage customers to click.
- You can use the link in the flash animations that can compel the email recipient to take the right action.
Website is the main alley for customers to reach out to your brand and know about your products or services. Give privilege to visitors to connect at a single tap by embedding the click-to-chat link on your website. It will improve the usability of your website in the long run.
According to Forrester Research, consumers will spend more than $1.12 trillion through click-to-call options on the website.
How to use click-to-chat on the website?
- You can integrate click-to-call buttons to any public page of your website, or to specific areas such as user dashboards.
- Create links on your website that will put your users directly in touch with you.
Use the click-to-call button in the landing pages of your campaigns to allow users to click directly and initiate conversation. The act of clicking on an online ad redirects the user to the advertisers offer page, sometimes referred to as “clicking” on the advertisers offer.
How to use click-to-talk in marketing campaigns?
- You can use it directly in social media marketing campaigns to give potential customers direct access to the sales team. This action connects with the agent in real time allowing your business to close more deals and make a strong one-on-one connection with your clients.
- With in-built call recording and analytics overview, you can track campaigns in seconds, with the added functionality of video chat from anywhere.
Click-to-chat use cases
Businesses across different sectors are greatly relying on click-to-chat to meet their end goals. It varies from one business to another. However, the common objective for all is to make customer communication seamless.
The common use cases of click-to-chat are as follows:
Banking and finance
Having a click-to-chat button on the banking website offers instant, contextual, and personalized communication to visitors and customers. If web visitors get stuck in the application process, the click-to-chat button enables them to reach out to agents in just a seconds
- If you experience any theft, fraud, or loss of credentials, click-to-chat is the best way out to connect with the support staff.
- The click-to-call option saves clients time and provides detailed information in the most convenient way possible.
- Click-to-chat technology delivers a great banking experience to customers and improves the chances of sales conversions.
Ecommerce & Retail
Retail and eCommerce businesses rely on different marketing campaigns every now and then to grab more customers and increase sales. click-to-chat is one of the best strategies for your marketing plan.
- Customers can immediately connect with support agents to enquire about their order or delivery status, payment confirmation or any other query.
- Using click-to-call can make your marketing campaigns successful by getting more clicks and increasing engagement.
- You can use the click-to-chat link on the latest offers or different forms to grab the attention of your customers and compel them to click to start chatting with you.
Call center operations
click-to-call technology enables the customers to go through the website and then click the link which redirects the call to the contact center, connecting with an agent.
- The click-to-video option enables the agent and the consumer to browse through the website together if required.
- It enables the contact center to streamline calls by routing them to the right departments according to pre-set rules.
- The calls are distributed among the agents who are available. The customer does not have to wait if the call does not need to be routed and can be handled by the available agents.
For the healthcare industry, buyers are patients, and if you are not providing answers promptly in your patients’ journey, you will likely be passed over for a provider that has information more readily available.
- Enabling click-to-chat on your website offers an easy and immediate way for potential customers to ask questions.
- It allows two-way chat engagement where agents can reach out proactively, offering information, guidance, and a reason to schedule an appointment, or sign up for a membership at a single click.
- Patients can instantly connect with doctors for immediate assistance. The communication process is faster and sharing the contact details is highly secure.
Click-to-chat: The fundamental aspect of modern businesses
In order to gain a competitive advantage and effectively capture the potential of online commerce, businesses must use the click-to-chat (CTC) technology in their existing sales and customer service channels.
With click-to-call and click-to-video solutions, companies are bridging the gap between their web self-service and assisted-care channels. They are optimizing the online experience to meet the unique needs of different customers, thereby increasing conversions and customer retention.
Click-to-talk with voice and video can help your business offer a more satisfying and successful customer experience and help you close more sales. In most cases, it makes sense to start with voice, since it offers an easier implementation and faster ROI, and lays the foundation for the effective use of online chat.