Customer experience quotes always serve as valuable tools to understand the role of exceptional service in achieving customer satisfaction. These quotes are as helpful for customers as for businesses in underlining the value of great experiences.
More so, quotes about customer experience have the power to shape the way businesses approach customer engagement and satisfaction. They can influence the overall service delivery. For customers, they can set the standards of expectations of experience from companies.
Most importantly, a business can leverage customer experience quotes to harness the insights of the industry, shape their strategies, and eventually create impactful experiences for their audiences.
In this blog, we will explore some great customer experience quotes from eminent personalities and for different industries.
But before moving ahead, let’s first get started with understanding how these quotes matter –
Why Do Customer Experience Quotes Matter?
As a business, you should know that 86% of customers are ready to pay more for a great customer experience. The better experience you provide, the more customers you will earn. So, you can leverage customer experience quotes and see where you need to put more effort into delivering the kind of value customers expect.
Here are some reasons that suggest why customer experience quotes do matter –
- They can inspire businesses to prioritize customer experience and service excellence.
- These quotes can remind businesses of the key aspects to succeed in service delivery.
- These quotes carry wisdom from industry leaders and experts, so they can provide great guidance for businesses in their customer-centric mindset.
- Organizations can use these quotes as communication tools to train, guide, and motivate their teams.
- These quotes can instill a customer-driven mindset and encourage everyone to work to deliver amazing experiences.
Customer Experience Quotes by Top Business Leaders
Customer experience has been a favorite topic for business leaders from across industry verticals. Most of them have shared their views and insights on the subject. Their collective wisdom has added more depth and meaning to the customer experience strategy sphere. Let’s look at some wonderful and meaningful quotes by these great leaders –
Customer Experience Quotes By Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs was the co-founder of Apple Inc. and he gained a global reputation for innovative thinking in delivering great customer experiences. His passion and emphasis on prioritizing the customer experience set him apart from other business leaders. Some of his popular customer experience quotes are –
- “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.”
- “You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology, not the other way around.”
Customer Experience Quotes by Richard Branson
Richard Branson is the founder of the Virgin Group – a group that has more than 400 companies worldwide. He’s been an inspirational leader for his innovative approach and his commitment to customer satisfaction. Some of his popular customer experience quotes are mentioned below –
- “A business is simply an idea to make other people’s lives better.”
- “The key is to set realistic customer expectations and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them—preferably in unexpected and helpful ways.”
Customer Experience Quotes by Howard Schultz
Howard Schultz is the former CEO of Starbucks whose role is huge in transforming the company into a global coffee brand. He is known for his big emphasis on providing, and setting rules for exceptional customer service and creating a distinct culture around the Starbucks brand. Some of the popular customer experience quotes by him are –
- “We need to put ourselves in our customers’ shoes and understand their needs.”
- “When you’re surrounded by people who share a passionate commitment around a common purpose, anything is possible.”
Customer Experience Quotes by Walt Disney
Walt Disney was an American entrepreneur and co-founder of The Walt Disney Company. He had gained a massive reputation for his visionary leadership and dedication to customer service excellence. His philosophy was to create experiences that stayed etched in the memory of customers forever. Some of the popular customer experience quotes by him are –
- “Whatever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it, they will want to come back and see you do it again, and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.”
- “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.”
Customer Experience Quotes by Bill Gates
Bill Gates is the co-founder of Microsoft Corporation which is considered one of the most influential tech companies in the world. He is known for his innovative vision and strategic business decisions that helped refine the customer service mindset for the industry. His insightful quotes on business and tech are full of wisdom. Some of the customer experience quotes by him are –
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
- “Only a few businesses will succeed by having the lowest price, so most will need a strategy that includes customer services.”
Customer Experience Quotes by Mary Barra
Mary Barra is the CEO of General Motors (GM) who is credited for leading the company through a transformation. Her leadership skills and vision are popular due to a strong emphasis on setting customer experience examples and service ethos. She has a big role in putting customers at the core of GM’s operations and strategies. Some of the customer experience quotes by her are –
- “Innovative technology is essential, but understanding and meeting customer needs are equally important.”
- “The key to our success is our team, our technology, and our commitment to customer experience.”
Customer Experience Quotes by Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos is the founder of Amazon, and he’s known as much for his visionary leadership as for his customer-centric approach. He’s responsible for taking the e-commerce giant to the industry leadership position. His belief in constantly improving the customer experience trends and prioritizing customer satisfaction is unrivaled. Some of the popular customer experience quotes by him are –
- “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.”
- “If you’re competitor-focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering.” — Jeff Bezos
Short Customer Experience Quotes
Quotes about customer experience needn’t be long and wordy. Some really short quotes make an equal punch and get the message across. These short quotes redefine customer experience design in a big way. Here are some examples of short quotes –
- “Customer satisfaction is the ultimate currency.” – Brendan Dyson
- “Customer experience is the new marketing.” – Steve Cannon
- “Customer service shouldn’t be a department, it should be the entire company.” – Tony Hsieh
- “Deliver more than expected.” – Larry Page
- “If you don’t care, your customer never will.” — Marlene Blaszczyk
- “Ease your customers’ pain.” — Hazel Edwards
Best Customer Experience Quotes
- “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton
- “A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all.” – Michael LeBoeuf
- “Great customer service doesn’t mean that the customer is always right, it means that the customer is always honored.” – Chris LoCurto
- “Customer experience is not an expense. It’s an investment.” – Unknown
- All of your customers are partners in your mission. – Shep Hyken
- “In a world where products and services are becoming more and more commoditized, customer experience is the only true differentiator.” Annette Franz
CX Quotes about Happy Employees
If the employees are not happy, can a business deliver great experiences to customers? No, it can never deliver that kind of CX unless its employees are motivated and happy. After all, there is a link between employee satisfaction and delivering amazing customer experiences. To better understand the point, refer to the below quotes –
- “Happy employees lead to happy customers.” – Anne M. Mulcahy
- “When employees are happy, they are your very best ambassadors.” – James Sinegal
- “There is a direct correlation between employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction.” – Howard Schultz
CX Quotes about Happy Customers
Happy customers are never an overnight success story. They are won through consistent quality service and great experience over some time. Such customers not only contribute to brand loyalty but also turn into brand advocates and bring in more customers. The quotes below will shed light on how customer experience has a big role in making happy customers –
- “Satisfied customers are the best advertising.” – Michael LeBoeuf
- “Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team.” – Lisa Masiello
- “Customers who are delighted by the experience will talk about your brand to others, creating word-of-mouth marketing that money can’t buy.” – Jeanne Bliss
Customer Experience Quotes about Service
Service has a key role in providing great experiences to customers. When the service has quality consistently, it paves the way for happy customers. Let’s look at some customer experience quotes about service to better understand the relationship between the two concepts –
- “Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong.” – Donald Porter, Former British Airways Executive
- “Good customer service costs less than bad customer service.” – Sally Gronow, Customer Service Expert
- “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti, Author
- “When the customer comes first, the customer will last.” – Robert Half
- “If you don’t appreciate your customers, someone else will.” – Jason Langella
Customer Experience Quotes about Loyalty
Customer loyalty does not happen by chance. It has to be earned by delivering quality service and amazing experiences. When customers become loyal, it sets the foundation for success and growth for any business. Let’s look at some quotes that show the relationship between loyalty and customer experience –
- “Customer loyalty is earned when you consistently delight people.” – Neil Patel, Co-founder of Crazy Egg
- “Customer loyalty is a direct result of delivering sustained superior value.” – Zig Ziglar, Author and Motivational Speaker
- “The easiest way to grow your customers is not to lose them.” – Frank Kern, Business Consultant
Bonus Quotes for Customer Experience
- “Customer experience isn’t an expense. Managing customer experience bolsters your brand.” – Stan Phelps
- “Make the customer the hero of your story.” – Ann Handley
- “Exceptional customer experiences are the only sustainable platform for competitive differentiation.” – Kerry Bodine
- “The first step in exceeding your customer expectations is to know those expectations.” Jerry Gregoire
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” Maya Angelou
- “If we consistently exceed the expectations of employees, they will consistently exceed the expectations of our customers.” Robert Half
- “No amount of advertising can repair the damage done by failing to properly address a customer’s concern.”― Albert Houtum Schindler.
- “Always keep in mind the old retail adage: Customers remember the service a lot longer than they remember the price.”― Lauren Freedman, author and retail veteran.
- “Your customer doesn’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.”― Damon Richards.
- “If you make a sale, you make a living. If you make an investment of time and good service in a customer, you can make a fortune.” – John Rohn
Gain Wisdom from Quotes for Customer Experience and Inspire Your Business Strategy
Quotes for customer experience can serve as a nugget of wisdom to businesses that aim to achieve excellence on the service delivery front. These quotes have the power to add value to various facets of operations so that a new dimension is added to customer experience efforts.
At REVE Chat, we understand how much it takes to deliver great experiences to customers and win their trust and loyalty. We have a variety of customer engagement tools including AI-powered chatbots and live chat software that can aid in service delivery.
You can sign up and see how our tools can be a great differentiator for your aim to achieve success with customer experience.