Artificial intelligence (AI) has brought a transformational wave in the past few years. It has immersed as a go-to technology for every industry you can imagine. 47% of digitally mature organizations say they have a defined AI strategy.
Some of the successful chatbot examples and case studies implemented by big brands show that customers are willing to interact with bots if done correctly. Hence following the right bot strategy and tailoring your chatbot to meet your use case plays an important role in the overall customer experience.
Real Life Chatbot Examples to Implement Conversational AI Strategy
Irrespective of what business you are in there must be some business functions or customer communication channels that can be automated to enhance your overall business growth. There will be tasks that would demand you to weigh in on a chatbot vs conversational AI to find the best technology for service delivery.
We are further breaking down how multiple industries can benefit from AI bots, as well as providing some chatbot conversation examples for you to follow. Here are some of the industries where business chatbots have been leveraged successfully.
Many brands are still unsure about how chatbot features fit into their strategy. So here we are breaking it down industry-wise chatbot examples to show you just what this technology is capable of.
Here a quick tap to the different conversational AI examples.
- Slush – Answer FAQs in real time
- Vainu – Enrich customer conversations without form fill ups
- Dominos – Deliver a smooth customer experience via Facebook messenger
- HDFC Bank – Help your customers with instant answers
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines – Enhance your customer service with a multilingual FB bot
- Marriott Hotel – Meet your customer requests effectively
- Babylon Health – AI for better healthcare experience
- H&M – Recommend your users based on their interests
- Adidas Women – Tailor easy ways for customers to receive product updates
- Sephora – Improve user experience with personalized recommendations
- CNN chatbot – Provide personalized information to your customers
- L’Oreal – Enhance the candidate journey with AI recruiting assistant
- Structurely’s Asia Holmes – Engage & qualify your online leads
- Contact centers – Reduce customer service costs & boost revenue
Let’s discuss the different ideas of implementing conversation AI across different industries like e-commerce, healthcare, or airlines.
#1 Chatbot example: Slush – Answer FAQs in real time
Customers expect an immediate response when they reach out to a company for any support. To deliver real-time and high-quality support to a large number of customers is not an easy job. An AI enabled chatbot is the best option to handle the ‘n’ number of conversations with 24×7 engagement.
Slush is known for holding entrepreneurial events across the globe. The company leveraged chatbot and experienced positive results. The Jenny chatbot on their website successfully handled 64% of all customer support requests, which is a quite significant load.
By deploying the conversational AI solution, Slush instantly answered basic questions based on events such as: how do I get to the venue easily? What’s the schedule of the event? Are there any hotels nearby?
As Jenny was available 24×7 on Slush’s website and mobile app, people started 55% more conversations. The bot handled questions from approximately 20,000 attendees.
- No matter what is the size of the company or customer base, if the event of the product is big and generates a lot of customer support requests, bots can be scaled easily to handle thousands of requests and deliver a seamless experience.
- A chatbot template for sales is an effective tool that can significantly reduce the customer support team’s workload.
- Deploying a chatbot enables businesses to provide high-quality support to the company’s target audience.
#2 Chatbot example: Vainu – Enrich customer conversations without form fill-ups
A combination of a perfect lead generation strategy and chatbots can bring your business a good number of leads. Filling up forms used to be the traditional method of generating sales leads.
Well, the chance of converting your customers via lead generation forms is between 2.5% to 5%.
Instead, businesses leverage sales chatbot for their lead generation use cases. It can be a better fit for website visitors who do not prefer filling up forms. The bot can ask relevant questions and can be more engaging for customers to submit their contact information.
Vainu, a data analytics service, built VainuBot to engage with customers in rich conversations. The bot asks questions to the visitors to qualify and engage them.
The visitors can quickly make choices by simply selecting the option most relevant to them. At the end of the conversation, the bot asks their email address to book a demo or send a report at the end.
- Businesses that aim at collecting lead information needed to create a chatbot to ask qualifying questions and respond with new questions based on the previous answers given by visitors.
- With lead generation chatbots, companies can acquire more qualified leads compared to a simple lead generation form.
#3 Chatbot example: Dominos – Deliver a smooth customer experience via Facebook messenger
Chatbots are no longer restricted to enterprises and different business verticals but it has significant use cases for consumers as well. 1 in 5 consumers would consider purchasing goods and services from a chatbot.
Dominos has built a Facebook chatbot to make the ordering process faster. The famed restaurant offers the easiest way to order a pizza from “Anywhere”.
Today’s customers use different messaging channels to connect with a brand. These channels offer the benefit of ordering pizza from anywhere – through Facebook Messenger, texting, Amazon Alexa, Slack, Twitter, or a smartwatch. You can even do the same with an emoji text.
Domino’s is leveraging the chatbot capability to introduce an entirely new shopping paradigm. The main idea behind this frictionless experience is to provide customers what they want in just a few steps.
- The use of conversational script can make your bot powerful and save the time of your users by reducing the number of steps to get a thing they are looking for.
- Besides providing engaging and straightforward communication, provide the benefit of convenience to your customers.
- No hassle of downloading an app, dial phone numbers, or go to the website to order their pizza. All the customers do is join a conversation with the bot in Messenger!
#4 Chatbot example: HDFC Bank – Help your customers with instant answers
The utility of financial chatbots is growing y the day as customers now expect prompt services all the time. When it comes to balancing finances or managing bills it can be a struggle to find the best solutions to navigate a numbers-and policy-heavy website. Banks can benefit themselves as well as their customers by implementing chatbot technology.
Eva is an AI powered banking chatbot. The Eva bot helps serve customers better and faster. It uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) to understand the user query and fetch the relevant information from possible sources, in zero waiting time.
Customers can get the information by conversing with Eva in human language instead of searching, browsing, clicking buttons, or waiting on a call. Eva has answered more than 5 million queries from around a million customers with more than 85% accuracy. Eva holds more than 20,000 conversations every day with customers worldwide.
- Banks or financial services can design chatbots around a core use case such as claims or loan applications.
- You can personalize your banking chatbot by giving a name that matches your brand image.
#5 Chatbot example: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines – Enhance your customer service with a multilingual FB bot
Artificial Intelligence has been a game-changer for the travel industry by helping companies to simplify travel arrangements and streamline business procedures. A travel chatbot is accessible 24×7, supports multiple languages and provides real-time
responses to travelers’ queries, and is also available on the FB Messenger app.
KLM airlines had to respond to 15,000 social conversations in different languages in a week. In order to handle the process seamlessly, KLM implemented a chatbot called “BB” (BlueBot) to provide faster, more effective, and personalized customer support. It is the best Facebook Messenger chatbot example.
They used the bot on the checkout page so that people can opt-in to receive booking confirmation, check-in notification, boarding pass, and flight status updates via Messenger itself.
As a result, their volume of Facebook messages hiked to 40%. The bot handles 16,000 customer interactions weekly, and almost 1.7 million messages have been sent on Messenger by over 500,000 people.
- Travel bots are able to solve queries, give suggestions, or initiate transactions. With so much potential comes the added benefit of all-time availability.
- Bots ensure enhanced customers’ engagement with the brand even more than an app. In addition, chatbots by handling routine queries, save precious time of customer care service representatives, allowing them to perform more complex problems and tasks.
- It acts as an excellent profiling tool, by collecting data such as purchase history, they are able to personalize the travelers’ experience. This will bring the personal touch expected by travelers for a long time.
#6 Chatbot example: Marriott Hotel – Meet your customer requests effectively
Indeed, hospitality is a vast industry, encompassing everything from transportation to restaurants but chatbots are excelling at all of them. This industry tightly focuses on customer service.
Here is a customer service chatbot example in the hospitality industry to get you started.
Marriott used chatbot implementation ideas and made them available to guests via text message. Bots allow guests to request basic hotel services, essentially acting as an in-phone concierge. This exempts middleman involvement and enables requests to be met quickly and efficiently.
The bot allows guests to request services, and information about the hotel, listen to the brand’s playlist and connect to the front desk team. Apart from that, Marriott rewards members can interact with chatbots on Facebook Messenger to research and book travel at more than 4,700 hotels.
- For hotels, the chatbot example is all about guest services. Whether it’s hotel check-in or out or other services, hotels should leverage chatbots as an addition to the front desk and concierge services.
- You can create a chatbot by identifying the repetitive tasks in your hotels such as concierge service or front desk and provide users with a better experience using bots.
#7 Chatbot example: Babylon Health – AI for better healthcare experience
The healthcare industry has made the best of the opportunity to capitalize on chatbots. The rise of health & fitness apps is the best chatbot example. Healthcare bots can help in personalizing the user experience based on the health needs of the user.
Babylon Health is a well-known British online subscription service that has used bots to offer consultations based on personal medical history, and can even connect you with a live video consultation from a doctor.
After you sign up you have to detail your symptoms to the bot. It will then check your symptoms against its database and provide you with the next steps and possible causes.
- While a bot should never replace a physician, it should be able to ask relevant questions to personalize the experience for each user.
- Simply keeping clients’ records is a great step in streamlining your healthcare brand’s customer service. Allowing clients to easily book appointments and providing them with appointment reminders are simpler functions that most healthcare providers can easily adopt.
#8 Chatbot example: H&M – Recommend your users based on their interests
Conversational AI is expected to grow up to $36.8 billion by 2025. And e-commerce businesses have grabbed a fair share of the pie. Conversational AI helps startups & small online businesses to manage multiple conversations at a time.
H&M is a global fashion company that used a chatbot to help mobile customers navigate their search through outfit possibilities and guide them to the online store areas that align with their purchase desires. The H&M bot leverages the following information and responds differently based on provided information:
- Suggests outfits and the total price for all items
- If you dislike the suggested outfit, the chatbot will select a different outfit
- If you like the outfit, the chat provides new outfit suggestions
H&M’s consistently increased sales and new H&M online markets appear to signify positive results for its chatbot implementation.
- Chatbots opened avenues for brands to engage the native millennials and Gen Z customers in their own language and convenience.
- With the ability to answer basic customer queries, bots enable luxury brands to scale personal shopping services and ensure the best use of their employees’ expertise and time.
#9 Chatbot example: Adidas Women – Tailor easy ways for customers to receive product updates
Chatbots are customer support and are an absolute win-win. Customers win because they get real-time, 24×7 support, and businesses save on operational costs (staffing or infrastructure costs) and empower their support team to solve complex issues.
Adidas women deliver a true customer experience where a chatbot can really shine. When they launched a new female-focused community space, known as Studio LDN, they decided to deploy a chatbot to help create a new type of interactive booking process.
By leveraging the popular Facebook Messenger chatbot platform, Studio LDN took advantage of an existing bot.
- The bot enables users to of course discover sessions organically
- It helps to register within a conversational interface for the users
The users using messenger can have the benefit of having super-fast-paced conversations. The purpose of using a chatbot to enable registration and session information sharing is to help users to find updates immediately without having to reach out to them. The users can directly interact with the bot, and receive updates in a messaging format that they are already comfortable and familiar with.
- Implement a bot to ease customers to find out the latest updates without any hassle that usually happens in emails or phone calls.
- Make your communication process effective with bots and enhance your customer experience and brand reputation.
#10 Chatbot example: Sephora – Improve user experience with personalized recommendations
Sephora is a great example of a retail makeup giant that explains very nicely what a chatbot can do for your brand. It is available on Kik and Facebook Messenger and it not only helps customers shop and purchase products but also provides inspiration and help.
- It provides a one-to-one chat interface, as well as makeup tips, video clips, and makeup tutorials.
- It helps users to find products used in the tutorials and suggest top-rated products in any category.
Sephora can personalize the user experience. The app asks you to take a short quiz so it can better personalize product recommendations, etc. This means that customers don’t have to waste time going through products that aren’t relevant to their needs.
- You need to focus on your customers needs and interests and provide suggestions accordingly.
- Analyze the customer questions proactively and frame answers to deliver a better chatbot experience.
#11 Chatbot example: CNN chatbot – Provide personalized information to your customers
Give a practical thought – Is it possible to browse multiple portals for news updates in today’s time? It could be really a time-consuming task. With information chatbots, you save time by getting curated news and headlines right inside your messenger
Many popular news portals and television networks introduced chatbot services. Chatbots inform people about breaking news and recommend top stories to read. CNN was one of the first news businesses to build a bot on the Facebook Messenger platform.
By using the CNN bot, you can choose to read the top stories topic. When you choose the stories you like, the bot gets smarter about your preferences and what you want to read.
Giving the right information to the users based on their interests will help to boost your customer engagement rate.
#12 Chatbot example: L’Oreal – Enhance the candidate journey with AI recruiting assistant
L’Oréal, the world’s leading beauty company, employs 82,600 people worldwide. It is present across all distribution networks such as mass market, department stores, pharmacies and drugstores, hair salons, travel retail, branded retail, and e-commerce.
Mya, the AI recruiting assistant is the best chatbot example for managing large candidate pools, giving FirstJob recruiters and hiring managers more time to focus on interviews and closing offers. L’Oréal rolled out its first conversational platform with Mya Systems. Mya targets candidates seeking internships and positions.
How does Mya function?
- Mya can chat with many candidates simultaneously via SMS, Facebook, Skype, email, or chat
- It asks to prescreen questions, responds to FAQs, delivers application progress updates, gives tips and guidance, sends alerts to the candidates, and administers assessments & challenges
- It provides vital information for recruiters and managers, ranking candidates on factors like experience, recent activity, engagement, and other metrics.
As a result candidates’ satisfaction increased and allowed L’Oréal to receive over 1 million applications per year. Mya engages with 92% of our candidates in an efficient way and achieves a near 100% satisfaction rate.
- We’ve received great feedback from our applicants. Many commented on how easy and personal the experience felt.”
- As part of its overall HR transformation and digitization efforts, the Group takes an important step forward with this partnership. This new very performing technology reinforces HR people’s counselor role and enables them to focus on the recruitment process’s qualitative and human dimensions.
See what a chatbot can do for the telecom industry.
#13 Chatbot example: Structurely’s Asia Holmes – Engage & qualify your online leads
Real estate agents often deal with a ton of customer inquiries starting from available listings, pricing information, location, neighborhood standards, etc. And a chatbot can help to streamline the initial process without replacing the role of the agent.
A chatbot helps in collecting contact information, providing available listings, and book viewings. Structurely’s chatbot, Asia Holmes, is a great AI chatbot example to handle customer queries in real-time and make conversations effective.
- Holmes personalizes the experience by asking a series of smart questions to determine a user’s ideal property.
- Users can ask it to send them home updates when the ideal buying times are in certain areas, and it can even identify ideal listings based on features from other homes.
The chatbot conversation example shows Holmes returns a related property based on the kitchen from another property.
- While in your real estate business you can feed your bot with a series of personalized questions, which will help you return more appropriate results and collect valuable information about your leads.
- Train your bot to learn customers’ needs and treat them with video or text related answers.
#14 Chatbot example: Contact centers – Reduce customer service costs & boost revenue
Chatbots and other advanced technologies are already helping transform call centers across the globe. Bots can handle simple requests such as changing a password, requesting a balance, scheduling an appointment, etc with no human involvement.
Chatbots help contact centers to save costs significantly when businesses upgrade from inefficient IVR technology to AI. As per Chatbots Magazine, businesses can reduce customer service costs by up to 30% by implementing a conversational chatbot.
Common use cases:
- 24×7 support: Employing staff 24×7 in your contact center can be costly. Adding resources to support multiple lines of business and languages hikes the headcount to handle customer queries around the clock.
- Cost-effectiveness: The QATC report says contact center attrition rates are twice the average of all other industries combined (30% – 45% compared to the U.S. average of 15%). Bots can greatly reduce the number of human agents required and also improve on employee attrition ratio which is due to the repetitive nature of routine calls.
Final Thoughts on Chatbot Examples
Chatbots can be a really great tool in the various arsenal. But it is an absolute matter of understanding how and when to apply this tool to deliver a better customer experience. Like a single spice is not used for all recipes, the same is for human agents and chatbots.
REVE Chat offers the best chatbot builder platform that offers default templates as well as to build bots across unique use cases. Sign up today with REVE Chat and implement the AI technology to give your business a competitive advantage.
Customers crave simple and easy interactions, it just so happens that humans can provide these. And chatbots can provide them too, it is just a matter of identifying when and why users do not want to use chatbots and properly identifying when they want to use them and how we can enable customers to use them better.