In today’s time when companies are competing to provide better customer experience, it is becoming really difficult to stand out. However, providing a live chat solution on your website is a great way to taking your customer service to next level.
The better service you provide increases your chances of getting a repeat business and helps in your branding as well.
You may have a good social presence and an engaged audience but reverting to their queries quickly will take the customer experience level from good to better.
And I hope you’ll understand the importance of customer experience from the fact that companies providing better customer experience grow revenues by 4-8%.
So, today we are going to discuss some of the live chat statistics which will help you understand the importance of live chat:
Live Chat for Better Sales
When you go out for shopping unclear of what to buy, you always ask the salesman over there to help you out. And you end up buying what you want instead of searching & leaving empty handed.
Imagine the same scenario with online shopping, when you know someone is there to help you in your online shopping & selection, you won’t leave the website without shopping. Live Chat connects you with a person at the other end helping you out with shopping increasing the overall sales of the website.
Below are some statistics which will prove that live chat has helped a lot in increasing sales.
- According to a research, around 77% of customers said that they won’t make a purchase if there’s no live chat support.
- In a research, 38% of customers have said that they have made a purchase due to a good live chat session itself.
- 44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person during an online purchase is one of the most important features a website can offer.
- A study by Forrester noted that there was a 10% increase in the average order value when reviewing the sales from customers who engaged in a chat before making a purchase, than those that did not use chat.
- Live chat leads to a 48% increase in revenue per chat hour and a 40% increase in conversion rate. It’s clear that live chat is providing companies with staggering results.
Live Chat Increases Retention
Customer acquisition is difficult but retaining that customer is even more difficult in these competitive times. However, cost of acquiring a new customer can be 6-7 times more than the cost of retaining an existing customer.
Therefore, retaining a customer becomes more important. Live Chat helps you in providing better customer service hence retaining customers.
Below mentioned are some of the live chat statistics which might astonish you:
- In a survey, around 63% of customers said they were more likely to return to a website that offers live chat as opposed to one that doesn’t.
- According to a research, 51% customers prefer live chat for multitasking purposes, with another 21% preferring live chat so they can shop while they work.
Live Chat Boosts Customer Satisfaction
With more companies competing on the ground of providing better customer service, you need to provide quick resolution to queries in order to get some market share. In fact, customers prefer the companies which provide instant solution to their queries.
- 79% of customers say that they prefer live chat because of the immediacy it provides.
- 42% of consumers say that they prefer live chat functions because they don’t have to wait on hold.
- According to a research, 73% of customers were satisfied with their live chat experience compared to email (51%) and phone (44%).
- In a survey, around 51% of consumers say a business needs to be available 24/7.
Live Chat helps businesses to provide better customer support and increase sales. If you know of any case scenario where live chat has helped you in your business then, please don’t hesitate of share it in comments section below.