Customer engagement is all about mapping your buyer’s journey and interactions that happen across multiple touchpoints of your customer relationship lifecycle. Having a deep understanding of your customer behavior can help your business to strengthen customer loyalty.
As per Forrester report, “Brands with superior customer experience bring in 5.7 times more revenue than competitors that lag in customer experience”
Let us dive into how to improve and yield better RoI in customer experience by using visual engagement tools.
Co-browsing solution, one of the sophisticated tools for delivering better customer experience, is changing the way businesses communicate and could become the de facto solution for providing real time assistance.
Table of Content
- What is co-browsing?
- How co-browsing works?
- Why co-browsing is important for your business?
- How is co-browsing different from screen sharing?
- Main benefits of co-browsing
- What are the top features of co-browsing?
- How co-browsing improves team performance?
- What are the most common use cases of co-browsing?
- Is co-browsing secured?
- What are the key verticals where the co-browsing solution can be used?
- How to set up co-browsing for my website & mobile applications?
- Final thoughts
What is co-browsing?
Co-browsing, also known as collaborative browsing is a browser based solution that empowers customer support agents to collaborate with the customer’s browser in real time. The agent can view to identify the issue and jointly navigate over the customer’s screen to guide interactively for sales or customer support assistance.
The businesses that make customer engagement as the focal point are inclined towards value creation as well as optimizing their ROI. They give customers meaningful end-to-end customer experience with interactive and real-time support.
Co-browsing is the ultimate solution to resolve the commonly asked questions that agents ask their customers such as:
- Are you sure you are on the right page?
- What do you see actually?
- Can you find the green button to move to the next step?
- Can you share a screenshot?
The co-browsing tool allows you to guide your non-technical customers through complex processes without the need for additional downloads.
How co-browsing works?
Modern co-browsing solutions combine the power of WebRTC (Web Real Time) technology that requires no downloads, installations or plugins. This browser based technology allows peer to peer communication between two browsers and provides a seamless experience by delivering instant contextual communication.
When the co-browsing session starts, the agent an accurate visual representation of the customer’s browser screen.
- The support agents can assist the customer, by securely co-navigating the website.
- The agents can also annotate the customer’s view of the website, help to fill out forms, and even overlay documents.
WebRTC based browsing also protects conversations from any malware attacks or threats and also supports most of the modern browsers and devices including mobile browsers.
Why co-browsing is important for your business?
Co-browsing technology is used to engage customers interactively and give them an in person experience during the entire process. It empowers your agents to see customers’ screens in real time and guide them through complex transactions, processes, forms, demos.
With co-browsing software, you can enhance customer interactions by reducing multiple touch points for resolving issues. You can also combine co-browsing with live chat and video chat increase to improve first contact resolution and delivering a truly engaging experience to customers wherever they are.
The key business areas that are benefited by co-browsing are:
- Increased customer loyalty – You can engage your customers with the willingness to deliver the best visual experience via personalized chat will positively impact customer loyalty.
- Reduced customer service costs – With visual engagement, you offer quick solutions by reducing the number of touch points made by customers. Being able to deliver faster support reduces support costs and time.
- Improved team efficiency – Co-browsing empowers your agent to instantly see the customer’s screen and offer faster resolution in the first touch point itself. Thus, improving key team productivity metrics.
How is co-browsing different from screen sharing?
With a WebRTC based co-browsing tool, there are certain inherent features that have a positive impact on your business. Co-browsing empowers your support agents the control to guide customers during their online journey by helping them take action while filling up a form or taking a certain action.
The key features of co-browsing are:
- Co-browsing is a completely browser based solution. It means no extra download or installations needed.
- With co-browsing, you can guide customers as well as take required actions on behalf of them.
- Co-browsing offers a set of highlighter tools that helps to assist customers in a streamlined way.
- As it is entirely browser based, it is highly secured in many of the cases.
We have a detailed analysis of the comparison between co-browsing vs screen sharing that is best for your business.
Note: The main difference between co-browsing and screen sharing and what is best for your business depends upon the grounds of benefits to your business growth.
Main benefits of co-browsing
Using visual customer engagement software adds a human touch to customer experience can help you to give a competitive edge to your business. Let us go through the main co-browsing benefits that play a vital role in creating an emotional connection with your customers.
- Provide real time assistance – Co-browsing, along with video and live chat, provides complete engagement tools to provide real time assurance across web and mobile.
- Improve first contact resolution – With shared viewing, it is easy to identify the problem deliver an effective solution in the first contact itself. It improves the FCR rate and boosts customer satisfaction.
- Faster resolution process – When the agent is able to visually identify the issue, it improves the speed of resolution. It can be more effective and interactive by combining with video, voice and live chat.
- Deliver personalized service – With collaborative browsing, you can personalize your conversations based on the customer’s problems. Co-browsing delivers high-tech solutions giving a virtual in-person experience.
What are the top features of co-browsing?
Whether you are looking co-browsing solution for your website engagement, for sales or customer support, it should be a complete co-browsing package covering the below features.
- No downloads or installations – WebRTC based co-browsing solution requires no installations or plugins and delivers a better contextual experience to the customers who look for instant in-context communication while browsing your website.
- Switching pages – Co-browsing allows navigating your customers seamlessly through your web pages by swapping or shifting pages on their behalf.
- Highlighter tools – The tools allow you to point and scroll the page or to highlight important areas if needed in order to guide customers in the right direction.
- Mobile SDK – It makes co-browsing a simple process without any hassle of downloads. You can provide messaging support to your in-app visitors and customers with mobile SDKs.
- Data masking – It allows you to control your support team’s access to the sensitive information of the customers. You can mask specific web page elements such as credit card input fields.
- Easy usability – Co-browsing is simple to use with easy integration. It can be easily combined with live chat, video chat, screen sharing, phone to resolve the customer issue faster.
- Data Security – It assures high level security to the conversations, video chats, the shared data, documents, other crucial details during the live chat and co-browsing sessions.
How co-browsing improves team performance?
One of the most important aspects of the support team is how productive they are. The brand that responds to customers in real time dramatically increases their chances of winning the deal. According to InsideSales, “50% of buyers choose the vendor that responds first.”
Co-browsing accentuates customer engagement by bringing true efficiency and effectiveness of customer interactions. It allows the support team to dive directly into helping and guiding customers skipping the chat or phone support. Thus, improving team productivity.
It greatly impacts the top team performance metrics and KPIs such as:
- First contact resolution (FCR) – Visually engaging with the customers allows identifying the issue quickly and effectively. The result of which is – faster resolution process that too in the first contact itself. It allows agents to handle more conversations as they identify the problems faster.
- Average resolution time (ART) – Co-browsing makes resolution faster by seeing and knowing the problem. With accurate error details, the agent is able to deliver quick solutions. The time saved can be used for other important tasks.
- Lesser touchpoints – Live assistance helps to diagnose the complexity of the error. The agent can deliver the best solution in the first touchpoint and reduces the number of attempts made in the future for the same issue.
What are the most common use cases of co-browsing?
Co-browsing is an advanced way for helping your customers to resolve complex issues in real time. It’s a great tool on its own and amazing when combined with video chat and live chat tools to deliver an interactive engagement and virtual in person experience.
Here are some of the key use cases of co-browsing:
Co-browsing for customer service
Nevermind the completeness of your website, no matter enriched with all the information your customer needs to buy your products or services. Customers may always need to have some guidance.
Research by t-sciences found out that humans process visuals 60,000 times faster than written text. Providing visual support to engage customers proves worthy to improve customer experience than text conversations.
Co-browsing helps you to provide contextual information to your customers while they are browsing your website.
Co-browsing helps you to show, not tell. Instead of spending time chatting or speaking to your customers on how to solve their problems, co-browsing helps to guide website visitors and customers on the right path in real time.
- With shared browsing, your support agents can move their mouse around the customer’s browser, highlight information and make the tricky process even clearer.
- You can connect with the customer and guide personally to enhance the engagement process.
Co-browsing for sales & lead generation
With the rapidly growing competition, the search for the best price, service or solution is a risk for your business. A modern customer journey integrates multiple touchpoints on multiple channels.
When used for sales, co-browsing helps to take advantage of the company’s website, transforming it from static into an interactive sales tool.
The businesses using co-browsing witness a 2.4% annual improvement (decrease) in support costs year-over-year, compared to 0.4%.
Co-browsing software can shorten your sales cycle by allowing you to assist your customers in real time to make timely decisions. Sales agents can help the visitors to assist with navigation or complex form fill-ups when they are on your website with sales conversion and lead generation.
For example, a customer wants to buy an insurance plan online but looking at many options he is not sure which plan is right for him. In such cases, he needs to call the company hotline to know more about the plan and services but the call center agent may not be aware of these plans or what information the customer was looking at.
- You can use co-browsing along with video chat to guide your customers through complex form fill-up or application process and deliver an in-person experience with more effectiveness.
- If you are a banking or financial institution, your customer needs to submit a loan or insurance claim application. You can use co-browsing to empower your agents to help customers in submitting the forms properly along with other documents.
Co-browsing for call center support
Co-browsing is a key tool used in call centers to deliver live assistance for technical issues and add proactive support to their existing channels, which helps to improve the support KPIs.
Usually, it is very difficult to identify customers when they reach out to contact centers. By enabling the co-browse button in the menu bar, you can connect with visitors and customers directly by sharing the unique code that appears in the chat widget of the visitor.
The co-browsing button helps to identify the callers easily by pairing with the unique code to connect successfully. Thus, giving you access to the exact page the customer is facing the problem and delivers hassle-free co-browsing support over the phone.
Note: As normal browsing occurs over the website in the live environment, the unique code is not required. With the co-browsing button, the code is mandatory as it identifies the customers as well as the exact page they are facing the issue.
Co-browsing for onboarding
What is the need for product videos on websites if they fail to explain the product thoroughly and leave the customers confused with so many questions in mind. The co-browsing tool helps to give a complete product tour to your customers.
Using a co-browsing solution improves product understanding for the customers to make quick decisions for their business.
Generally, when your customers are inside your product, they need help in taking actions for how to integrate or analyze data. Your product support team can provide an interactive demo to them on how to use the product efficiently.
- If you are a SaaS product or any other business where you need to help your customers with product demos or customer onboarding then co-browsing can be your right tool.
Co-browsing with live chat and video chat
Real time engagement combinedly with live chat, video chat and co-browsing have recorded the highest satisfaction rates.
It reduces customer effort by jointly navigating an application in real time. This helps businesses to accomplish far greater annual improvements in customer satisfaction scores, compared to companies without co-browsing technology i.e. 5.1% vs. 1.4%.
The major reason behind inclination towards co-browsing with live and video chat is that maximum customers prefer complete engagement with the support agent in real-time rather than just call support. Such kind of instant communication has changed the way companies interact with their customers.
Co-browsing for mobile apps
Businesses can enhance customer engagement by engaging their mobile app users by integrating API for iOS & Android. You can assist your in-app in real time so that they do not have to shift to another channel to get support. You can co-browse with your customers to deliver instant support over their preferred channel.
Is co-browsing secured?
Yes. Co-browsing does not allow the agent to see any other data on its desktop or computer. Also, the customers need to approve the request before the agents can start the co-browsing session. Customers can also end the co-browsing session at any time if they wish to terminate the discussion.
During the session, agents can not see sensitive customer information such as his credit card or personal details. Hence all the customer data is completely protected and is not stored on any devices.
What are the key verticals where the co-browsing solution can be used?
Co-browsing software can help different industrial sectors and accelerate growth and efficiency.
I. Banking and Financial services
Co-browsing helps the customers to complete the most complex banking processes such as loan application fill up and submission. Moving for customer support, co-browsing can be used to guide customers to upload documents for any kind of claims.
With co-browsing, you help customers to choose the right packages, book tickets and make reservations (hotels, vehicles, etc.)
III. Healthcare and Insurance
In the healthcare industry, co-browsing can be used for research and comparison of plans, verification of coverage claims, and processing of coverage claims.
In the retail sector customer experience is playing an increasingly important role. Studies say 44% of customers believe that getting instant answers to their questions when shopping online is one of the most important features a website can offer.
Co-browsing allows the agents to view the same page in real time as the customer. It helps in upselling and cross-selling to existing customers and mass purchase deals.
How to set up co-browsing for my website & mobile applications?
Integrating co-browsing on your website and mobile applications is an easy process. It is as simple as plug and play, as no downloads or installation is needed. REVE Chat’s cloud-based co-browsing software WebRTC based and is secured. It sends instant page updates once you integrate co-browsing software.
For integrating co-browsing you just have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- You have to create an account.
- Once you land to the REVE Chat’s dashboard, you will find a script of a few lines.
- You have to copy the script -> Integrate it to your website. (If your IT person is setting up, you can email the code to your developer).
- After adding successfully, you can customize your chat window as needed and start a co-browsing session whenever needed.
Customer experience has undoubtedly become the key differentiator for businesses. It has been predicted that customer experience will overtake price and product as key brand differentiators by 2020. The businesses that will triumph in their verticals are those who elevate their online customer experience from ordinary to extraordinary.
Adopting practices that elevate the customer experience will undoubtedly produce a return on investment and provide a steady foundation for your brand. Co-browsing is an important toolkit to deliver ‘that unique experience’ to your customers. You can deliver a long lasting impression by combining co-browsing with live chat and video chat.