Every business wants to deliver the best customer service, however, only a few businesses find the inspiration to do so. Are you wondering, why only a few businesses?
Because ”few” businesses are doing something, you’re not. Do you want to know that?
The secret is only ”a few” business is motivating their customer service reps to deliver excellent customer care service. But, how they are inspiring them?
They are getting their reps inspired by the funny, humorous, and great customer service quotes. Do you want to do the same to increase your customer satisfaction level?
Let’s explore 97 invaluable customer service quotes to get your customer service reps motivated daily. So that they can deliver the best customer service possible.
12 Best Appreciation Quotes for Good Customer Service
Companies that want their customer service representatives to be more productive and deliver top-notch service need to incorporate powerful motivational quotes into their everyday routines.
A study published in the MIT Sloan Management Review, which reviewed more than 160,000 calls in a call center that employs more than 3,500 workers, found that agents who were exposed to a 5-minute set of inspirational quotes at the beginning of their shifts, as well as during ongoing shifts, had a reduction in error rates by 8% to 15%.
The study also found that an additional 5% reduction in error rates can be attributed to the use of quotes on the walls and posted on employee screensavers.
Now let’s take a look at some of the best appreciation quotes for good customer service.
1. “We don’t want to push our ideas onto customers, we simply want to make what they want.” – Laura Ashley, Fashion Designer, and Founder at Laura Ashley Holdings
This simple warm quote can help the customer service reps be motivated while giving any support.
2. “When you assume negative intent, you’re angry. If you take away that anger and assume positive intent, you will be amazed.” – Indra Nooyi, Former CEO and the Chairperson of PepsiCo.
It is a powerful and inspirational customer service quote for the reps. It will help them to stay calm when a hard time comes.
3. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn a reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of E-commerce Giant Amazon
There is no doubt that reputation is the pillar of any business’s success. To build a good reputation it is necessary to deliver the best customer service.
4. “Customer service shouldn’t just be a department, it should be the entire company.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
High-quality customer service helps to build reputation and customer loyalty. Motivate your customer service reps with this quote. So that they can deliver superior customer service.
5. “Instead of focusing on the competition, focus on the customer.” – Scott Cook, Co-founder of Intuit
This simple quote from a billionaire can help your employee to deliver excellent customer service. Only quality customer service can build a brand.
6. “It’s through vulnerability that human beings create connections. The more vulnerable we can be with one another, the more that we’ll trust one another and the more we’ll be able to collaborate effectively.” – Neil Blumenthal, CEO of Warby Parker
It’s a powerful quote that can be shared with the employees to increase their vulnerability with them. Sometimes a simple quote can make a big difference.
7. “Good customer service costs less than bad customer service.” – Sally Gronow, Head Of Customer Service at Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
Bad customer service destroys brand reputation and customer trust, but you can build a good brand reputation just by providing good customer service.
8. “The more advocates you have, the fewer ads you have to buy.” – Dharmesh Shah, Co-founder, and CTO of HubSpot
It’s a compelling and inspirational quote you can use to motivate your reps to deliver the next level of customer service.
9. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou, An American Author, Poet, and Civil Rights Activist
Making your customer feel comfortable is a brilliant way to increase customer loyalty to your brand. You can use this quote to encourage your employees to offer personalized customer care service.
10. “You are serving a customer, not a life sentence. Learn how to enjoy your work.” – Laurie McIntosh, Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology at Duke University
Train and motivate your employee to serve the customer better. Only a satisfied employee goes to the next stage to make the customer happy.
11. “Service, in short, is not what you do, but who you are. It’s a way of living that you need to bring to everything you do if you’re to bring it to your customer interactions.” – Betsy Sanders, An Actor, Producer, and Director
Make your customer happy and satisfied by delivering them personalized service, because this is the only thing that can make and break your business.
12. “Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team.” – Lisa Masiello, Founder, President at TECHmarc Labs, Inc
Satisfied customers will refer your brand to their friends, relatives, and family members. Make them happy and satisfied they will help you grow faster.
12 Funny & Humorous Customer Service Quotes
Quotes are a very powerful way to get things done in the real world. The same goes for customer service quotes, jokes, and humor. Funny and humorous customer service quotes always inspire customer service reps to go an extra mile for their customers.
Most inspiring quotes have a deeper meaning behind them and that’s what makes them popular, they inspire us and make us think deeper about them.
The funny and humorous quotes don’t force you to think hard, they are lighter on the surface with a deeper meaning behind them, therefore you don’t have to worry about getting laughed at when you cite them in customer service conversations.
13. “The only thing worse than training employees and losing them is not training them and keeping them.” – Zig Ziglar, Author, Motivational Speaker, and Trainer
This funny quote can be used to light up the mood of the conversation. It helps to engage with the conversation immediately.
14. “Customers are like teeth. Ignore them and they’ll go away.” – Jerry Flanagan, CEO at JDog Brands World’s
This quote is funny but has a deep meaning. Because if you don’t care about your customer then your competitor will do.
15. “You know your business model is broken when you’re using your customers.” – Paul Graham, A Programmer, Writer, and Investor
Serve the customer more than they expect from your business. Go the extra mile to make them happy and meet their needs.
16. “All businesses need to be young forever. If your customer base ages with you, you’re Woolworth’s.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of E-commerce Giant Amazon
It’s a great quote surely. If you have a loyal customer base who are aging with you then it can be said that you have done something very right.
17. “The first step in exceeding your customer’s expectations is to know those expectations.”– Roy H. Williams, Founder of Wizard of Ads.
Exactly. If you do not know what your customers are expecting from your then it is not possible to meet their expectations.
18. “Sales without Customer Service is like stuffing money into a pocket full of holes.” – David Tooman, Financial Controller at Breitling
It’s another funny and humorous customer service quote. Businesses should deliver superior customer service so that they come back again.
19. “The irony of good customer service is that over time it will bring in more new customers than promotions and price slashing ever did!” – Susan Ward, an American Actress and Model
There is no doubt that great customer service helps the business to get more customers. When a customer gets the best service from any business then they refer the business to their friends and family.
20. “Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job.” – Ken Blanchard, American Author
Yes, it doesn’t depend on only the customer service agent. All employees and staff should know how to serve the customer.
21. “There’s no such thing as ‘hard sell’ and ‘soft sell.’ There’s only ‘smart sell’ and ‘stupid sell.”– Leo Burnett, an American Advertising Executive
It’s a funny and also inspirational customer service quote. Businesses learn to sell smart to retain customers.
22. “Your satisfaction is our top priority. So if you could act really satisfied, that would be a big help.”– Randy Glasbergen, an American Cartoonist and Humorous Illustrator
There is no doubt that customer satisfaction is the top priority for the business. The customer deserves the top priority when they come to you to buy anything.
23. “Right or wrong, the customer is always right.” – Marshall Field, an American Entrepreneur
It is one of the most popular and funny customer service quotes. Customers are always treated right and they should be.
24. “Who picked, ‘I can’t get no satisfaction to be our on-hold music?” – Randy Glasbergen, American cartoonist
It’s a well-known and popular customer service quote you can share with your customer service agent. This funny quote will help them to reduce stress and monotony.
12 Customer Service Inspirational and Motivational Quotes
Customer service quotes are clever inspiration tools that help employees to deliver remarkable customer service. The most significant part of these customer service quotes is that they help employees who want to be more effective and efficient in their customer service.
For example, no matter what you did wrong, you probably tried your best – Phil Jackson.
The inspirational and motivational customer service quotes will gradually improve the quality of customer care service by providing more fun, energy, and confidence to the customer service reps. It will also make them laugh, be more relaxed and deliver a better experience to the people they serve.
The factors mentioned above combined will create meaningful conversations between customers and the representatives, which is something that customers value very much. Motivational and inspirational customer service quotes will help you to remind your representatives to stay focused on delivering their tasks in a quoted calm way.
Here are some quotes about inspirational customer service.
25. “To earn the respect (and eventually love) of your customers, you first have to respect those customers. That is why Golden Rule behavior is embraced by most of the winning companies.” – Colleen Barrett, Southwest Airlines President Emerita
There is no doubt that if you want to get respect, at first, you have to give respect. Giving respect to the customer can help you to grow your business fasters and get more customers because customers go where they are valued and respected.
26. “To give without any reward, or any notice has a special quality of its own.” – Anne Morrow Lindeberg, Author and Aviator
Customer service representatives should serve the customer their best even when no one is looking. Only this mindset can help businesses to offer the best customer service experience.
27. “There is a spiritual aspect to our lives — when we give, we receive — when a business does something good for somebody, that somebody feels good about them!” – Ben Cohen, Co-Founder Ben & Jerry’s
Customer goes where they feel appreciated and solved their problems faster. Every business should do its best to make the customer feel good.
28. “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, ‘What’s in it for me?'” – Brian Tracy, Author and Motivational Speaker
It is one of the best and most motivational customer service quotes you can use to motivate your employees to go to the next stage to support the customer when they need it.
29. “When you help others feel important, you help yourself feel important too.” – David J. Schwartz, Author, and Motivational Speaker
This inspirational customer service quote is good enough to light up your employees when they have a tough time relating to their professional and personal life.
30. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” – Denis Waitley, Author, and Motivational Speaker
It is always vital to focus on the solutions instead of focusing on the problems. Move forward with a positive attitude to find solutions.
31. “To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.” – Don Alden Adams, President of Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
Every business should build a personal relationship with their customer which just cannot be measured by anything. It helps to build customer loyalty.
32. “Men are rich only as they give. He who gives great service gets great rewards.” – Elbert Hubbard, Artist and Writer
Don’t be a miser when it comes to giving something. Be generous. You must get rewards for that.
33. “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” – Ernest Hemingway, Author, and Journalist
If you want an excellent customer service experience, listen to the customer’s problem with full attention. Show empathy if anything happens unfavorable.
34. “To listen closely and reply well is the highest perfection we are able to attain in the art of conversation.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld, Essayist
When it comes to customer support, it’s important to listen to the customer closely and respond.
35. “The world is moved not only by the mighty shoves of the heroes but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.” – Helen Keller, Author, and Political Activist
Don’t underestimate the power of little steps. Appreciate your employees when they take even a few positive steps.
36. “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.” – Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company
Don’t spend most of the time on problems. Focus on the solutions and move forward. Businesses should spend more time on finding solutions, not problems.
12 Excellent & Great Customer Service Quotes
When communication is lacking, dissatisfaction is often the result. And when it happens in a business or professional relationship, it can jeopardize your entire partnership.
Once your customer feels ignored or abandoned, they might never come back. When you recognize that your customers need to be heard, that’s when even the smallest gesture can make a big difference. That is why it is vital to deliver excellent customer service.
Let’s take a look at some of the excellent & great customer service quotes that will ignite the employees to offer great customer support.
37. “Courteous treatment will make a customer a walking advertisement.” – James Cash Penney, Founder of J.C. Penney Stores
Nothing can be more beneficial than customer appreciation. Customer loves to go where they feel valued and appreciated. Appreciate your customer and make them feel good.
38. “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job to make the customer experience a little bit better.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon
It’s a highly encouraging and great customer service quote from the founder of Amazon. Every business needs to serve the customer as they serve a guest.
39. “Biggest question: Isn’t it really ‘customer helping’ rather than customer service? And wouldn’t you deliver better service if you thought of it that way?” – Jeffrey Gitomer, Author, and Professional Speaker
It is really important to help the customer. When they encounter any issues help them faster and make them feel good and valuable.
40. “You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” – Jeffrey Gitomer, Author, and Professional Speaker
Good things happen when a series of actions are taken consistently. If you want to earn customer loyalty then you need to support the customer continuously.
41. “If you make a sale, you can make a living. If you make an investment of time and good service in a customer, you can make a fortune.” – Jim Rohn, Author, and Motivational Speaker
Invest your time, efforts, and quality service to give the customer the best experience as much as possible to skyrocket your business.
42. “If you just communicate, you can get by. But if you communicate skillfully, you can work miracles.” – Jim Rohn, Author, and Motivational Speaker
When you need to communicate with the customer, do it skillfully. Communications skill works like a charm. It will change the entire business setting.
43. “The most important adage and the only adage is, the customer comes first, whatever the business, the customer comes first.” – Kerry Stokes, Chairman of the Seven Network
If you find good customer service from a company, then your next visit to that company will be more comfortable and you can get all the information from that company without any queries. That’s why the customer always comes first.
44. “Face a simple fact before it comes involved. Solve the small problem before it becomes big.” – Lao Tzu, Philosopher
Good customer service is the backbone of any business. It helps build strong relationships with customers, which eventually leads to business growth. Therefore, solve the customer problems faster before they share them on social media.
45. “Our greatest asset is the customer! Treat each customer as if they are the only one!” – Laurice Leitao, Customer Service Professional SeraCare Life Sciences
Customers are the lifeboat of any business. Treat the customer with respect. So that they come back to you again and refer your business to others.
46. “Your ability to communicate is an important tool in the pursuit of your goals, whether it is with your family, your co-workers, or your clients and customers.” – Les Brown, Author, and Motivational Speaker
If you want to achieve something incredible then you need superior communication skills. It is quite important to develop communication skills to connect with others.
47. “One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth doing is what we do for others.” – Lewis Carroll, Writer, and Mathematician
Helping others not only gives you inner peace but will also make you successful in life. Don’t get tired of helping others professionally and personally.
48. “Words of comfort, skillfully administered, are the oldest therapy known to man.” – Lous Nizer, Lawyer
People feel good when they are appreciated. Admire your customer to make them feel good and happy which will make them a loyal customer.
11 Encouraging Quotes for Customer Service Representatives
Customer service quotes help customer service representatives keep their energy and attitude level high. Customer service is the lifeblood of an organization, and customer service representatives are at the front lines of that lifeblood.
When they are on social media platforms interacting with customers they can feel disheartened and frustrated. Sometimes they may be tempted to lash out at customers who seem impossible to satisfy – but with a few customer service quotes as a reminder.
They can keep their spirits up, look to the future, and know that every customer is an opportunity to not just do their job well but to inspire other people to perform their jobs equally well.
Now let’s take a look at some of the encouraging quotes for customer service representatives.
49. “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours.” – Ray Kroc, Founder of McDonald’
You should encourage your employees to choose a quote that resonates with them individually but also try cherry-picking ones that they can relate to their daily work life.
50. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian independence movement.
Deliver superior customer service so that your customers forget to go to others. Only quality customer service plays a vital role to repeat customers.
51. “The customer: Someone that indirectly pays for your food, clothes, and vacations. Be nice to them.” – Gene Caballero, Co-Founder of GreenPal
It is the best and most encouraging quote for customer service reps. Everything comes from the customer, which is why it is vital to make them feel good.
52. “It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.” – Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company
It’s another great and motivating quote for customer service representatives. If a business doesn’t treat the customer with respect they will never go to them again.
53. “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton, Founder of Walmart
Customers are always right. Treat them like your boss. Because if they don’t come to your business, you might not be there for a long time.
54. “The customer tells us how to stay in business, best that we listen.” – Pamela Nelson, President, and CEO of Bracane Company
Pay attention when a customer talks. Care for them when they come to you with any problems. If you don’t care about them, your competitor surely do that.
55. “Southwest Airlines is successful because they understand they’re a customer service company — they just happen to be an airline.” – John Tschohl, customer service guru
Quality customer service makes a big difference between you and your competitor. Win the competition just by delivering top-notch customer care service.
56. “Know what your customers want most and what your company does best. Focus on where those two meet.”– Kevin Stirtz, analytics consultant
It’s important to know the customer’s needs. Bridge the gap between your customer’s needs and the best thing your company can offer them.
57. “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” – Roger Staubach, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback
Go the extra mile if it needs to make your customer happy. Surely, you will get rewards for that.
58. “Spend a lot of time talking to customers face to face. You’d be amazed how many companies don’t listen to their customers.” – Ross Perot, Founder of Electronic Data Systems
Listen to the customer with full attention and show empathy. This simple step can make a big difference between you and your competitor.
59. “The more you engage with customers, the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.” – John Russell, former President of Harley-Davidson, Europe
If your business is well-connected with the customer then you will get to know easily what to do to make your customer happy and satisfied.
12 Quotes by Famous Personalities
In order to help build a culture in your business, it is important to make sure that you offer the best customer service. This is where customer service quotes can help. They can help you create a positive environment that will make your customers want to keep coming back for more.
Now let’s take a look at the best customer service quotes by famous personalities.
Steve Jobs Customer Service Quotes
60. “You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology, not the other way around.”
61. “Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.”
62. “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
Elon Musk Customer Service Quote
63. I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.”
Tony Hsieh Customer Service Quotes
64. “We take most of the money that we could have spent on paid advertising and instead put it back into the customer experience. Then we let the customers be our marketing. Historically, our number-one growth driver has been from repeat customers and word-of-mouth.”
65. “Branding Through Customer Service Over the years, the number one driver of our growth at Zappos has been repeating customers and word of mouth. Our philosophy has been to take most of the money we would have spent on paid advertising and invest it into customer service and the customer experience instead, letting our customers do the marketing for us through word of mouth.”
Jeff Bezos Customer Service Quote
66. “The most important single thing is to focus obsessively on the customer. Our goal is to be earth’s most customer-centric company.”
67. “If there’s one reason we have done better than our peers in the Internet space over the last six years, it is because we have focused like a laser on customer experience.”
68. “We’re not competitor obsessed, we’re customer obsessed. We start with what the customer needs and we work backwards.”
69. “Focusing on the customer makes a company more resilient.”
Richard Branson Quotes About Customer Service
70. Continually Ask Yourself, “Is This How I Would Want to Be Treated if I Were the Customer?”
71. Don’t Promise What You Can’t Deliver and Deliver Everything Your Promise
72. Good customer service begins at the top. If your senior people don’t get it, even the strongest links further down the line can become compromised.
Warren Buffett Customer Service Quotes
73. “Any business with delighted customers has a sales force they won’t have to pay; You don’t see them, but they are talking to people all the time.”
74. “Price is what you pay, value is what you get.”
Vince Lombardi Customer Service Quotes
75. “It takes months to find a customer…seconds to lose one.”
76. “There is only one way to succeed in anything and that is to give it everything.”
Simon Sinek Customer Service Quotes
77. “People don’t buy what you do; they buy why you do it.”
78. “Great companies don’t hire skilled people and motivate them, they hire already motivated people and inspire them.”
Sam Walton Customer Service Quotes
79. “Exceed your customer’s expectations. If you do, they’ll come back over and over. Give them what they want – and a little more.”
80. “The secret of successful retailing is to give your customers what they want.”
11 Customer Service Week Motivational and Inspirational Quotes
If you’ve been in the customer service business for a while, you know how important it is to inspire your customer service reps to deliver the best customer service experience.
“After all, the best way to keep a customer happy is to help them find what they need quickly and painlessly, right?”
We can’t control the kind of attitude we receive from some customers. We can’t control the kind of attitudes they’re carrying with them. What we can control is how our customer service reps will handle every situation. We can make sure they stay motivated and inspired to give the best they have.
Now let’s take a look at some of the great customer service week motivational and inspirational quotes.
81. “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” – Walt Disney, An American Animator, Film Producer, and Entrepreneur
Deliver superior customer service so that customers will refer your business to their friends and families.
82. “Unless you have 100% customer satisfaction, you must improve.” – Horst Schulz, Chairman Emeritus of Capella Hotel Group
Customer satisfaction is the key to business success. Enhance customer service until your customers are 100% satisfied.
83. “Choose to deliver amazing service to your customers. You’ll stand out because they don’t get it anywhere else.” – Kevin Stirtz, Professional Speaker and Trainer
Great customer service helps to build the business, in the same way, bad customer service is good enough to break your business.
84. “Good customer service costs less than bad customer service.” – Sally Gronow, Head Of Customer Service at Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
Focus on customer service to improve it, it doesn’t cost a lot, but bad customer service can break the entire business.
85. “Courteous treatment will make a customer a walking advertisement.” – J. C. Penney, An American Businessman, and Entrepreneur
Customer appreciation is they to increase mouth-of-advertising. Make the customer feel good and appreciated and they will refer your business to others.
86. “When the customer comes first, the customer will last.” – Robert Half, Founder and President of Robert Half International
Customers are always a top priority for a business because without customers your business will not exist.
87. “There is a big difference between a satisfied customer and a loyal customer.” – Shep Hyken, Customer Service and Customer Experience (CX) Expert
Customer satisfaction comes when you go the extra mile to solve customer problems. Make them satisfied then they will be a loyal customer automatically.
88. “Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living.” – Albert Einstein, Theoretical Physicist
Helping others has a great level of satisfaction. This is how your customer service representatives should be.
89. “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin, A Statesman, Author, Publisher, Scientist, Inventor, Diplomat, a Founding Father
The customer wants the solution. Solve their problem when they need. Make them feel their problems are the highest priority to you.
90. “Revolve your world around the customer and more customers will revolve around you.” – Heather Williams, A Scholar of African American Studies and Lawyer.
Make the customer feel that you’re always available to resolve their problems. It will make them your loyal customer.
7 All-Time Best Customer Service Quotes
Of course, if you want to be a great service provider, then it’s important for you to have many different customer service quotes to stay motivated.
Now let’s take a look at some of the best all-time customer service quotes.
91. “Just having satisfied customers isn’t good enough anymore. If you really want a booming business, you have to create raving fans.”– Ken Blanchard, American Author
92. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”– Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft
93. “People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care.” – Teddy Roosevelt, An American Politician, Statesman, Soldier, Conservationist, Naturalist
94. “Customer service should not be a department. It should be the entire company.” – Tony Hsieh, American Internet Entrepreneur
95. “People will forget what you said. They will forget what you did. But they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou, American Memoirist
96. “Spend a lot of time talking to customers face-to-face. You’d be amazed how many companies don’t listen to their customers.” – Ross Perot, American Business Magnate
97. “Unless you love everybody, you can’t sell anybody.” – Dicky Fox Jerry Maguire, Movie character
You need to design a great customer service model to think about what you really want to do. What do you really do for your customers? Is your business always trying to find new ways to make them happy? Are you always trying to find new things that make them smile?
These are all very important questions. You can use these customer service quotes in order to inspire and motivate your customer service representatives to deliver a superior customer service experience.