What is Skype?
Skype is a unified communication tool for increasing productivity and streamlining collaboration in the workplace. Skype is used by millions of users across the globe for both business and personal communication using chat, voice and video calls.
Thousands of businesses rely on Skype for communicating with their customers and for their internal team communication.
Benefits of REVE Chat Integration with Skype
- Understand your team performance and get real-time insights about your skype support. Instead of sharing one common skype account across all agents, you now can manage the skype support effectively and assign skype chats to your agents and make them accountable.
- Increase your customer support productivity by managing skype messages across team members using intelligent routing
- Offer great customer experience by improving the ease of use and quality.
- Manage your customer support more efficiently by assigning Skype messages to the right support agent using intelligent routing.
- Provides unified communications support that enables people to communicate effortlessly. End users can have feature-rich conversations with businesses with text messages, file sharing or emojis.
To Integrate REVE Chat with Skype Please Follow the Below Steps
- Login to REVE Chat Dashboard.
- Navigate to Integrations –> Skype Messaging
- Enter your Bot handle or give any name to your bot, Microsoft App ID from the Azure portal and bot password you get after using password generator.
- Click on Connect with Skype.
- You are all set to go.
How to create Skype bot in Azure Portal
- Login to bot framework: https://dev.botframework.com/bots
- Find and Click on Create a bot in the top-right corner
- You will see Create a bot with the Azure Bot Service text and then click on Create button [bot channel registration]
- Fill out the fields properly
- In Settings, under Configuration, enter Messaging endpoint as https://chat02.revechat.com:7443/api/messages
- Now you need to add skype channel to your bot. To do that, click on channels.
- Below you will see Add a featured channel option and select Skype from the list[How to add skype channel to bot]
How to generate Bot password
- Log in to the Azure portal
- Click on the dashboard and you will see all your bot listing:
Click on a bot you want to generate a password, then click on Settings, under configuration you will see Microsoft App ID with manage with a link, click on manage.
- Now click on Generate New Password under application settings.
- Copy and paste the password somewhere it is safe.
- Ref Details: official doc
Skype messenger bot integration with REVE Chat helps businesses to provide customer service to their users from REVE Chat platform. Businesses can streamline their customer support activities under one place and measure their support performance easily.